Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Rosary Mysteries for Lent: The Annunciation

Ash Wednesday blessings to everyone!  I thought it might be helpful to post reflections on the Rosary mysteries in the context of Lent for the next 40 days.  Since there are 20 mysteries, I'll go through them twice, in chronological order.

While reading the Biblical account of the first Joyful Mystery, The Annunciation, the words "May it be done to me according to your word," always stand out for me.  They bring to mind the words of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, "Not my will, but yours, be done."  Both Mary and her Divine Son were in perfect unity with God's plan.  They did not rebel but simply did what the Father asked. 

Too often, I find myself rebelling.  I get angry and think, "I am right to be angry!  That person was wrong!"  I know in my heart that I should forgive and ask for forgiveness, but I just don't want to.  It can be difficult to do what God asks of us, even when we know in our hearts it is the right thing to do.

During Lent, pray and listen carefully to what God is asking of you.  Work harder to make your answer be, "May it be done to me according to your word."

No comments: