Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Minute Meditations: The Transfiguration

When I reflect on the Fourth Luminous Mystery, The Transfiguration, I think not only of Jesus changing His appearance to strengthen the resolve of the future leaders of the Church, but also of my own transformation through the power of the Rosary.  I was not always a devout Catholic, despite my solid Catholic upbringing in a very devout family.  I made many mistakes as a young adult, and I mourn for those lost years.  Yet the one relative constant in my life is the Rosary.  I often think of the words of St. Louis de Montfort in his must-read book, The Secret of the Rosary:  

“... Even if you are now on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil, sooner or later you will be converted. Heaven will amend your life and save your soul if you say the Rosary devoutly every day of your life.” 

I can definitely attest that heaven WILL amend your life if you are devoted to the Rosary.  Over the past few years, I have become aware of sinful practices in my life and have worked to eliminate them, one by one.  Some have come fairly easily and others were fierce battles, but I am slowly but surely trying to live a holier life.  I still have a long way to go, but the Rosary is a powerful weapon. 

No comments: